Lucious is one big goofball who thinks he is still a puppy. He came from a very small community so the big city has been an adjustment. Lucious has lived his life strictly outdoors and is easily taken by small animals. He will need a strong and experienced guardian who understands his high prey drive and has the strength to manage him on walks. He is an active dog who requires regular exercise, but due to his size jogging and biking would be too much for him. Lucious has lived with older children and has done very well, however he can be jumpy and may knock over little ones with his wiggly bum. Lucious has not been socialized around other dogs and will need an experienced caregiver to work on desensitization exercises. While in shelter, he has grown more dog selective and would need monitored and slow social interactions with dog neutral dogs in safe and controlled environments. Off leash dog parks may be too over-stimulating for him. He is very playful and social with people and would do best in a more rural area.
***Due to COVID-19 We’ve made changes to our adoption process.***
1. Read through Lucious’s profile to see if your home would be a good fit.
2. Submit an application: spca.bc.ca/adoption/application-forms/
3. If it’s a match, staff will contact you to review your application and set-up an appointment to come in for a visit. Please note that visitations are made for approved applicants only.
4. Live happily furever after
***We often receive many applications for an available animal. We do our best to respond, although are not always able to respond to all applicants. We will reach out to the approved adopter.
Share This Pet
- Days in care: 38
- Approximate age: 4 years old
- Pet Type: Dog
- Breed: Bullmastiff
- Colour: Tan
- Approximate Size: Extra Large
- Weight: 34.1 kg
- Gender: Male
- Location: West Vancouver Branch, West Vancouver B.C.
- Animal ID: 519093
- Spay or neuter surgery is included with the adoption of all dogs, cats and rabbits.
- Adoption fees
CompatibilityImportant: The history and compatibility of an animal is not always known. If certain compatibility criteria have been identified, they will be listed here or in the animal's description.
- Lived With Kids
- No Cats
- No Dogs